Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 1: Biting the bullet

So, here I am. I desperately want to switch over to Scala, big time, but then I am also just way too comfortable programming Java. Something needs to happen. Now.

This is my stab at it. I will force myself to explain you a little bit of Scala every day. I don't know who you are. I don't know if you know anything about Scala at all. In fact, I don't even know if you are there at all.

It's just that I found over the course of the last couple of years that nothing helps getting into a subject than when you force yourself to explain it to someone else. So, although it may seem you could eventually benefit from my attempts to get my head around certain Scala related subjects, in reality, you are helping me. Even if you would never comment on what I am trying to say here, there will always be the illusion of someone at the other end of the line. And I am certain that will help me to push forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment